The Anchorians Association was formed on Boxing Day 1926 by a group of 30 expupils
and members of staff of the old Gillingham County (later to become Grammar)
School in Third Avenue, Gillingham – now the location of Robert Napier Secondary
School. The school moved to The Howard School in 1975, where its new Board of
Governors approved the adoption of the Anchorians Association as a “ready made”
Old Boys’ organisation.
To cement that link, the Howard School badge includes an anchor and the colour
purple – both constituent parts of the Association’s and Grammar School’s badges.
All former pupils of The Howard School are eligible to become members of the
Association and its affiliated sports clubs. And, of course, the Association is now
open to all, providing sport and social facilities to the local community.
The Phillips Lounge Bar
Named after Les Phillips, one of the original founders of The Anchorians Asscociation, the Phillips Lounge bar is an ideal place to watch the latest sporting events and socialise with your friends, family and fellow members.
The bar is stocked with an excellent selection of real ales, lagers, spirits, wines and soft drinks to keep our members refreshed and has Sky TV & WIFI.
Anchorians Social Hall
Recently refurbished with a new floor, the Social hall is available to hire for those special celebrations. The hall has a large bar, lounge area with Sky TV and a kitchen with cooking facilities
For full hire details please click here.
Anchorians is very fortunate to have its own grounds, with 3 rugby pitches, 8 football pitches and an astro pitch.
The astro pitch is available to hire through the hockey club.